Many people who suffer from recurrent episodes of sciatica are looking for alternatives to traditional medicine and modern efforts to get relief from pain and other symptoms of sciatica. More and more patients are concerned about the pain medication too frequently and are looking for alternative sciatica relief measures. There are a number of ways to approach the management of sciatica like massage therapy, yoga, Chiropractic Care Denver. It is however very important to first find the underlying cause of sciatica, because the pain from sciatica is just a symptom, albeit a very annoying one, of a probably very serious injury or disease affecting the sciatic nerve. You and your doctor should consult closely to find the cause of your pain before adopting any kind of sciatic nerve treatment for pain.
Relief is the first priority for people with sciatica, even if it’s an episodic experience sciatica, acute or chronic. Sciatica alternative treatments are often able to provide this assistance without the use of drugs.
Many people find that the combination of therapies and treatment works best to relieve sciatica.
- Bed rest is suggested for management of chronic sciatica, but has recently shown that staying active and moving is definitely much better.
- Adopt a more active lifestyle is also a great advantage for chronic sciatica like exercise that helps strengthen the muscles in the body that support the spine.
- Regular exercise releases more endorphins, which are the body’s natural painkiller. The incorporation of moderate exercise on most days of the week is a good habit to get into, it can be rapid walking, swimming or cycling for at least 30 minutes.
- Yoga is also good to relieve the symptoms of chronic sciatica.
In addition to exercise and increased ordinary activities in general, your doctor may recommend chiropractic adjustment. A Chiropractor will teach you specific exercises aimed at stretching and strengthening core muscles to improve posture, support your back and maintain the flexibility of the spine.
Sciatica Home Treatment
You can also be proactive and help yourself at home.
- Applying a cold pack when the pain hits, and then use heat packs for pain relief.
- Continue to do twenty minutes of specific exercises for sciatica each day, Or at least 30 minutes of exercise several times a week.
- Make sure your diet is a balanced diet; drink plenty of water and eating plenty of fruits and vegetables to give your body the best chance to heal itself.
A number of patients find that alternative sciatica relief options help with chronic pain from sciatica.
Watch this video
About Chiropractic Care Denver
Our team of doctors in chiropractic Care Denver will examine and perform diagnostic tests to determine exactly what is causing your pain. At our chiropractic center in Denver, we want to give you an effective solution to end your neck, back, shoulder, arm and hand pains that originate from the cervical area.